About Me

I am in my Junior year at The University of South Alabama. I am studying to be an Early Childhood Special Education Teacher. After receiving my degree, I plan to attend Occupational Therapy school here at South. My focus is to incorporate a vast amount of technology into my teaching practices, to the benefit of my students.

Friday, April 30, 2010

Technology in the Classroom

Yes, this is such a broad and overused topic, but I found this article Integrating the Internet into the Classroom and I think it is a good basic start for new teachers. It contains information on basic ways to begin using technology in your classroom. It isn't anything crazy and high tech, just good first steps.

I do plan to use a good bit of tech in my classroom. Of course, I will be a new teacher so I'm not trying to overload myself in the very beginning. I think that I will pretty much follow this article. Its basic points were that the internet in classrooms is positive in the aspect of

1) Research
2) Classroom Website
3) Online Assessment


I feel that if I contain these values in my teaching methods then I can consider myself a "technology literate" teacher. I think this is a common ground between being over the top with tech stuff in the classroom, and being stuck in the 1920's with zero technology. I think it is wise for teachers, especially new teachers, to smart small and add something new every year. If you go into your career with technology based everything, I think it is simply bound for failure. It isn't practical. I am certainly not knocking anything tech based, I just think starting out small is wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment