About Me

I am in my Junior year at The University of South Alabama. I am studying to be an Early Childhood Special Education Teacher. After receiving my degree, I plan to attend Occupational Therapy school here at South. My focus is to incorporate a vast amount of technology into my teaching practices, to the benefit of my students.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Interview with Mr. Sullivan



I think Mr. Sullivan did a fair job of describing a tech literate teacher. We pretty much agreed that as long as you have some form on technology in your pedagogy, then you are fine. I think it is wise, especially for new teachers, to start our with something small and comfortable, and then gradually increase your technology use as you feel more and more comfortable. It is important to use it though. Kids' lives today are literally centered around technology, so why should it be any different at school? It just seems like common sense to me. If it works for kids to learn, why are some teachers still not using it?

If you have not had much training in technology usage, do not overdo yourself. You will get lost and confused in the midst of it, and you will leave your students 10x as confused as you are. As long as you use something, I am positive that your students will notice and appreciate it. Even young children can recognize if their teacher cares about school and learning or not. Your reaction to education ultimately affects theirs as well. They look up to us as leaders, and if we are not going above and beyond these days, they notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment