About Me

I am in my Junior year at The University of South Alabama. I am studying to be an Early Childhood Special Education Teacher. After receiving my degree, I plan to attend Occupational Therapy school here at South. My focus is to incorporate a vast amount of technology into my teaching practices, to the benefit of my students.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Progressivism

I hope and plan to transform my future classroom into a progreesive approach. I fear for students who are required to sit in a desk and listen to the educator spit out facts of memorization. I truly do not want to do this. One of my professors, Dr. John Strange instilled the love of technology in the classrom inside of me. He taught me practical tools and projects that I will one day use with my students.

As far as the progressive approach, I want my students to interactive and collaborative. I want my students to learn by doing. Children are able to positively form relationships through acting out real life experiences. When children are allowed to think for themselves, and experiment for themselves, there is an enormous opportunity for learning.

I do not feel that I can change educational schooling on my own, or even with the help of others. This current form of teaching we have is unacceptable, but unfortunately I do not think it is going to change anytime soon. I do however think that if individuals like myself make a difference in each individual classroom, then we are destined for success. Every teacher has the chance to positively affect 30+ childrens' lives, and if we commit to doing so, then we have achieved something wonderful

No comments:

Post a Comment