About Me

I am in my Junior year at The University of South Alabama. I am studying to be an Early Childhood Special Education Teacher. After receiving my degree, I plan to attend Occupational Therapy school here at South. My focus is to incorporate a vast amount of technology into my teaching practices, to the benefit of my students.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Teacher's Guide

This website is so great. If you are a teacher, visit this page!
It contains wonderful ideas for lesson plans, themed lessons, printouts, children's songs, book activities, and a teacher's store. What I found so great about this page is that all of the ideas are interactive. This word is so vital and important to me. I absolutely refuse to lead a classroom that pertains to me standing and lecturing in front of 30 silent children. My very being simply will not allow me to do this.

Children are social beings of nature, they were not created to sit quietly and allow teachers to fill their heads with useless tests materials.

Something really cool about this website is that it has a link for Virtual Fieldtrips. This is such a fun advantage to simply lecturing to kids on topics such as The Sistine Chapel, The Dead Sea Scrolls, The nine planets, and dozens of other topics. This way your children are learning interactively. It is extremely simple to transform a classroom into an interactive one. Don't know what to do or where to start? Google! There are hundreds of fantastic resources on the web to help you get started. Do it for your students' sake. Help them to love education.

No comments:

Post a Comment